Young couple smiling


One of the easiest and most common ways for you to support Walla Walla University is with a gift of cash. Cash can be used to support our work in the form of:

An outright gift. By making a cash gift by check, credit card, or money order today, you enable WWU to meet our most urgent needs and carry out our mission on a daily basis. You will have the opportunity to see your generosity in action and, when you itemize, will also receive an immediate federal income tax charitable deduction.

A payable on death (POD) account. A POD bank account or certificate of deposit names one or more persons or charities as the beneficiary of all funds once you, the account owner, pass away. The beneficiary you name has no rights to the funds until after your lifetime. Until that time, you remain in control and are free to use the money in the bank account, change the beneficiary, or close the account.

A gift in your will or living trust. Through a gift in your will or living trust, you can support Walla Walla University with a specific amount of money or a percentage of your total estate. This type of gift allows you the flexibility to change your mind at anytime, and your estate will benefit from a federal estate tax charitable deduction for the amount of the gift.

A charitable gift annuity. One of the most common ways to fund this gift that supports Walla Walla University and provides you and/or a loved one with fixed payments for life is with cash in the form of a check. A charitable gift annuity typically works well for those 60 and older.

A charitable remainder trust. Cash is the easiest and least complicated way to fund a charitable remainder trust. It can often provide the necessary liquidity to provide for payments to the income beneficiary when the trust is funded with hard-to-sell assets.

A charitable lead trust. You may always use cash to fund a lead trust. Lead trusts are often funded with cash in addition to stock or real estate.

Memorial and tribute gifts. If you have a friend or family member whose life has been touched by Walla Walla University, consider making a gift to WWU in his or her name.

An endowed gift. Create an endowment or contribute to one that is already established to ensure that your support of Walla Walla University will last forever.

Calculate your benefits

Submit a few details, and see how an outright gift can meet some of our most pressing needs.

See My Benefits.

Next steps

  1. Contact Dorita Tessier, CFRE, CSPG at (509) 527-2646 or for additional information on giving a gift of cash.
  2. Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
  3. If you include Walla Walla University in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.

Legal name: Walla Walla University
Address: 204 South College Avenue, College Place, WA 99324
Federal tax ID number: 91-0617727